Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Musings-March 29, 2010

Dear Mr. Sister,


It takes a special sort of man to enable his wife's love affair! I will wear my new Jake Delhomme jersey with passion and pride!  


Dreaming of #17,


Mrs. 5th


PS  I realize the jersey was on the clearance rack, but still... 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Tornado Warning,


Go back to Kansas, please. They do not understand you here in the Carolinas. Go away, please, to a place where you can be put in proper perspective. Besides, the thunderstorms that are tagging along are bugging Daisy to no end and her mistress would really like a good night's sleep. 


No hard feelings,


Mrs. Sister


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Munchie Boy,


I am so disappointed. I haven't seen you in 3 days (due to work) and you'd rather watch "Sonny With a Chance"? I see where I rate. I guess Demi Lovato is to you like Jake Delhomme is to me. I totally understand. I got your back!


Love always,


Mama 5th


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


To the Unknown Individual who Informed the Director of the High School Musical that I could sew,


Thank you. No seriously. Thank you so very much. It's not like I have a life or work or home school or blog or anything. 


Not happy at all,


A Grumpy Sister


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Secret Agent Man,


"Beware of pretty faces that you find.
A pretty face can hide an evil mind.
Oh, be careful what you say,
Or you will give yourself away.
Odds are you won't live to see tomorrow."



Sincerely,


Special Agent 5th

15 comments:

Mary said...

We'll be in the Carolinas next weekend, where we lived for 9 years. I remember those sirens going off (we don't have them here). Hope all was okay!

Willoughby said...

I love a good thunderstorm, but tornadoes....not so much.

How much sewing will you have to do for the musical? I'm guessing that could be a pretty time consuming project. Lucky you!

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Tornadoes, please go away for my 5th sister..

I don't like sewing, so I can really feel your hesitation. Good luck!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

My Matthew would be really excited if I said I knew someone who was having tornadoes! He draws them all the time, and is a little expert. He would tell you to go into the basement, or the most inside room of your house, and stay away from the windows!

Anonymous said...

Hehe, I love your little letters. As for the tornado warnings, they still scare the bejeesies outta me, and I've lived in Missouri for over 10 years now.

Tracy said...

seriously, NC has enough to deal with in hurricanes, flooding and smoothering humid heat! Tornados is just one step too far!

Anonymous said...

omg i was so frightened last night with the tornado warning. the wind and the hail came out of nowhere and scared me half to death!

Anonymous said...

I've only been through one tornado...I didnt like it very much:(

Raoulysgirl said...

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with severe weather! You know how I react...I would be right there with Daisy, whimpering!!!

This Wife Cooks said...

Love it! I could relate to all of your letters! Very cute! :)

L.B. said...

I saw some of the weather stuff on the news and I immediately thought of you guys. Hope everything's okay over there.

I'd proudly wear a Bears no. 9 jersey with McMahon on the back today, so wear that Delhomme shirt until the numbers fall off. Once a legend, always a legend.

(too bad Jim McMahon went and played for the Packers late in his career, oh well, won't hold that against him)

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the sewing gig. Did someone really volunteer you? Ugh.

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Oh, man, you and sewing must be like me and baking. Every time a class has a bake sale I somehow get roped into it. Bummer!

Nessa said...

Now that all of our farms have been turned into housing developments we get tornadoes all of the time.

Claudya Martinez said...

Oh no! Your sewing abilities are making you far too useful. Thank goodness I'm so inept.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails