Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Musings-December 21, 2009

Dear Carolina Panthers,


How do I love thee? Let me count the way: YOU BEAT BRET FAVRE AND THE MINNESOTA VIKINGS! How amazing and awesome is that? I am so, so happy to have stayed up and watched this phenomenal feat!  Although there is no hope for the playoffs I can now say with pride, "There's always next year!" Thank you for that glimmer of hope.


Love, 


Mrs. Sister


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Congratulations Luis!


My friend, Luis, over at Muddy Runner, just ran his 1st ever 20 mile run. That is a remarkable feat. Please go check out his blog and offer him your kudos!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Remember when I was the Cook of the Week over at All Recipes last month? Apparrantly word got out at work. They made a poster board with my photo on it, displayed it at the coffee shop, and handed out free samples of my milkshake recipe: "Don't Knock it Until You Try It". How fun was that! I had people coming up to me all weekend commenting on that shake. Be sure to check out the link and seriously, don't knock it until you try it!





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Monday Awards Show!


From Holly over at 504 Main  (Remarkable Reader)





Isn't it beautiful? Holly has a remarkable website with lots of interesting ideas and crafts for this time of year. Well worth checking out. I will pass this award on to Tugce at Boulevard of Broken Dreams. There is always a wonderful affirmation or beautiful quotation on her blog. Her blog leaves me feeling better for just having visited. Please visit her and let her know you stopped by!


From Lee over at Headaches, Hotflashes and Hormones (Light my Fire)







Go visit Lee and give her some bloggy love as she deals with some difficult issues this holiday season. There are no rules to this award (THANK GOODNESS). If you are on my reading list, consider yourself worthy of this award. Grab it, take it and do what you will with it!


From Nicole over at Tattoos and Teething Rings (Thanks a Bunch)







You have to go visit my dear friend Tats! She is interesting, unique, loyal and a wee bit crazy too! I love her dearly and am so thankful to grab this thank you from her. Again, no rules so I'll make up my own. If you comment on my blog post, feel free to grab this thank you and display it on your home turf!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today I take Daisy in for her surgical consult. Wish us well and let's hope surgery is unnecessary! On the plus side of all this, I purchased for her an orthopedic dog bed and she is now fully an indoor dog! :o) 







Take care and have a wonderful Monday. I will try to show up periodically throughout the week but if I am MIA please forgive me. Christmas and family comes first this week! Thanks for understanding and God bless you all!

10 comments:

Jephy's Mom said...

Daisy looks so sweet sitting there. I hope she can heal on her own.

Anonymous said...

Glad your team is doing something to make you happy. The chiefs stink (yet again).

Good luck with Daisy!

How cute about the people at work with your Cook of the WEek stuff! Love it! I would NEVER want the entire office where I work to read my blog, LOL. that's awesome you have that!

I plan to check out Mr-20-miler....I remember those days...Wow!

Deidra said...

I thought of you last night when I heard that Brett got beat...and without Jake on the field?!?!? Way to go Panthers! You must be so proud!!!

If I don't get back here before Christmas, I just want to say how much I appreciate you and your blog and the light that you share with us all. Be blessed this Christmas!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I hope your friend Tats doesn't think I forgot about her. I will get her those scans of my knitting book as soon as I can! :)

Lee said...

Thanks for the shout out and the extra love you have been sending my way. I think it is working!

L.B. said...

Definitely a great win for the Panthers. I know everyone was talking about this as a blowout win for the Vikings and even NBC drew criticism for not having switched this game from a Sunday night game to an afternoon game since everyone knew it was going to be a blowout.

Well, it was a blowout indeed!!! And being the Viking-hater that I am, I'm glad.

Thanks for the shout!

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Thanks for the shout out! I think it's great that you got recognized at work, that's so cool.

Hope things with Daisy get better!

Corrie Howe said...

I was thinking about you while I watch the Sunday Night Football game. But your main man was on QB. The other guy is a nice looker.

Weezer said...

Not only did the Panthers beat the Vikings......but the Cowboys knocked the Saints off their 13 game winning streak!!

Oh my! Poor Daisy. And Poor Daisy's family. Having a 4-legged child with health problems is a terrible strain for all of you. I know, believe me. When my Sadie was still with me I vowed that I'd do anything possible to keep her feeling good. I actually worked extra shifts to get her the medical treatments she needed as well as to keep her supplied with her insulin.
My heart goes out to all of you in making the right decision for Daisy.

♥♥ tuğçe♥♥ said...

THANKS A LOT POLLY i am sorry for being late love u so much take caree

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails