Saturday, December 12, 2009

Weekend Rerun-Angels Among Us?

I originally posted this December 23, 2008 and thought it was re-run worthy. Enjoy.







Written by Sarah Batista


CHARLOTTE,NC (WBTV) - An image caught on a security camera at Presbyterian Hospital has everyone talking.


It was taken by the mother of a 14-year-old patient who wasn't expected to survive. She says the image is an angel who brought a miracle into her family.


Chelsea Banton was born 5 weeks premature and has endured chronic health problems her entire life. But this past September, a battle with pneumonia almost ended her life. Doctors at Presbyterian Hospital gave her mom, Colleen, devastating news.


"He said we've done all we can do," said Colleen Banton.


So Colleen made the heart-breaking decision to take her daughter of off life support. An hour later, something caught the hospital staff's attention.


"I was in the waiting room, my sister was inside and she says, you have to come and look," said Banton.


What she wanted her to see was a image on the security camera near Chelsea's hospital room. It shows a bright light in the shape of an angel just outside of the doorway.


"I said oh wow, that's an angel and the nurse practitioner she's standing there and she said I've been working here for 15 years and I've never seen anything like this," said Banton.


While doctors and nurses crowded around the monitor, something else was happening--Chelsea was getting better. "About an hour later, we took the mask off and her stats were higher then they'd ever been, doctors and nurses were amazed," said Banton.


Three months after she arrived at the hospital, Chelsea got to go home. She'll live to see her 15th birthday on Christmas day and Colleen has no doubt what she saw on that monitor saved her daughter's life.


"I've never seen anything so bright, so beautiful," said Banton. "I don't think I would have brought Chelsea home from the hospital if the angel had not appeared."

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from SITS!

That is a beautiful story.

Sewn With Grace said...

Happy SITS saturday sharefest! Thank you for sharing that beautiful post with us. Have a joyfilled day!

MJ said...

Thank you for re-posting this touching story. It brought goosebumbs and caused the hair on my arms to stand up.
Have a wonderful day dear!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Lovely story!

Thanks for following my blog and yup, I'm following yours too! :D

Lissaloo said...

That is a very neat story, I believe they are watching over us :)

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I want to add that I hope I have an angel. And when I meet him he better be wearing a cup... I've got a bone or two to pick with him.

Anonymous said...

I literally had goose bumps reading that story. Thank you for sharing it.

Thanks also for linking up at my Follow Me Linky. I'm your newest blog follower.

Kimberly said...

That is so cool...worthy of repeat. I believe they watch over us all, and how lucky to see it, and catch it on film. Thanks for sharing!

Raoulysgirl said...

Wow!!!!

Nothing else to say to that!!!

Life Laugh Latte said...

Love stories like this. You are the best. Come by later today for some bling for your blog. Holly

Willoughby said...

A perfect story for the holiday season!

drollgirl said...

what the hell?!?!? if i was on the x-files (this reference will be completely lost on you if you never watched the show), i'd be scully and really skeptical about this! but i am all for a happy ending, so i won't ask too many questions! :)

Joanna Jenkins said...

Thanks for repeating the story. I hadn't seen it before-- It's lovely.

I'm out of town all next week without an Internet connection so I'll catch up on your posts when I return. Have a great week.

xo

Weezer said...

As a pediatric nurse I've seen and heard so many things that reinforce my belief in such things. Thanks so much for sharing this.

Helen McGinn said...

How wonderful. I love this. x

Betty Manousos said...

That is a touching story an thanks for that.
Have a wonderful Sunday!
hugshugs

Tracy said...

what a great story!

Iva Messy said...

oh my goodness! WOW!! Great ending! ;) Happy Sunday!

Jenn Erickson said...

Oh WOW! What an amazing story! Inspiring and heartwarming. I do believe in miracles!

Tracie said...

I love it! Miracles can happen.

Corrie Howe said...

The story gives me goose bumps.

BashfulToast said...

Wow, That's amazing. Just yesterday I had a run in with one of Willoughby's ghost. I heard someone whisper "Kayla" and I turned around to see no one there...Strange but very awesome.lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails