Friday, December 9, 2011

Trash: A Flash Friday 55 Post


fistfuls of hair from shower drain
chewed up wads of gum
take out box never claimed
loads of swept up crumbs
chicken bones, Christmas wrap
dried-up apple cores
moldy bread, mysterious crap
towels used for spills on floors
dryer lint, vacuum dust
shards of shattered glass
bits of pizza crusts
‘tis what’s in my trash

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


If word count would have allowed, 
I would have prefaced this piece with the following:

“one’s trash, another’s treasure”
so said G to me
I, with great pleasure,
present my trash to thee:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today is the last day to enter my Holiday Giveaway. 
For details and to enter in the comments, 
please click HERE

Winner will be drawn at 4:00pm Eastern Time

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My friend Su, of This Stop Willoughby
is also having a contest featuring the wonderful world of Novica. 
Be sure to check her blog out as well by clicking the link above.


11 comments:

Brian Miller said...

you know what is in our trash says much about us...had to dig through someones trash on a stake out once...some nasty stuff...

Bubba said...

I'm reminded of Shel Silverstein's great trashy poem, "Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout would not take the garbage out."

Susan Anderson said...

Great job, Polly. Your "trash" gave me no small amount of pleasure today! And it definitely qualified as treasure...

=)

Anonymous said...

Those contents could form the basis of a great story about your previous day or two...
Good 55!

Jamie

G-Man said...

Jeezo-Pete Pollyanna...
I'd best be careful what I say from now on. My quips could end up on a T-Shirt!!!
Loved your Treasure Laden 55
You Rock a Tri-State area, and parts of Georgia!
Thanks for playing, and have a Kick Ass Week-End

Pratibha said...

This was "trashy" but flashy !!
I liked it ...

Willoughby said...

I feel like I know you in a whole new way, now!

Thanks for posting the info. about my giveaway! I hope your followers will stop by and enter!

MorningAJ said...

Urgh. Sounds awfully like mine. We humans are quite disgusting really, aren't we?

KB said...

Interesting trash you have there.

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm amused that you can make poetry out of your trash.

Christine said...

fun read, thanks for summing it up, it's hard to keep something at 55, that ending was perfect

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails