Monday, October 4, 2010

Monday Musings: October 4, 2010

My son has been having girl troubles. There is this girl whom he likes. He told another boy about this and this boy proceeded to shout it out to the girl in carpool line a few weeks back. Since then, this particular girl has refused to speak to Munchie Boy. He's been heart broken. You needed to know this to understand the deeper significance of the after school conversation I had with my son last week.

Me: How was school today, Munchie Boy?

Munch: Well, it was both good and bad.

Me: How so?

Munch: The good part is that I asked Sally* out.

Me: What?!

Munch: Yeah, but the bad part is she said no.

Me: That is probably for the best because, after all, you're not allowed to date.

Munch: But the good part is that when I asked her if we could still be friends, she smiled and nodded her head.

Me: Well then, I guess that is, indeed, a good thing.

Munch: Yeah...and I am now considered a "player" at school.

Me: Just for asking Sally out?

Munch: Well, not exactly...I also asked an 8th grade girl out, too.

Me: *shaking my head* And?

Munch: She also said no...but SHE GAVE ME A HUG!

Munch is now considered a hero among his 6th grade classmates. One of his friends has even asked him about relationship advice. Sigh. This is all happening way too soon for my taste.

*Name changed to protect the innocence of Munch's love interest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bethany had a  performance this weekend. This is not her best but, considering she only had a few days notice and just received the music the morning of the performance, I think she did pretty well. Enjoy. (oh and no comments on the poor video quality please...the sun was directly in my eyes)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Carolina Panthers,

A perfect start to a perfect season....a losing season, that is. 0 and 4 is unacceptable. It's unfortunate that you are not providing convincing evidence for us to keep our season tickets.

A very disappointed 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's it for today's musings. I must get started on a very busy start to a very busy week. Have a great day. 

16 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

Good for your son! It shows he has courage and leadership skills.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Your Munch boy is brave!

Btw, love Bethany's voice. Love the song too! :D

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

omg, good luck with your "player"!
I'm going to have to come back and watch the video after everyone's awake, and I can have the sound on.

Brian Miller said...

sorry about the panthers...better watch that player...lol...nic ejob on hte performance...

Cheryl said...

The bad news is you've got a 6th grade playa. Oy.

The good news is your daughter's voice is beautiful.

Tina said...

Wow, that's a talented girl! And I love Munchie. That boy has some great confidence! Probably because he's got such a wonderful Mamma.
As to the Panthers, sorry is about all I got. I've certainly been that disappointed as a Bronco fan...though yesterday was spectacularly entertaining!

Anonymous said...

way to be munchie ;)

L.B. said...

Munchie is awesome. For a 6th grader, getting a hug from an 8th grader is awesome. Sorry, just gotta be honest. Hopin more hugs go Munchie's way :)

Bethany's a fantastic singer. Thanks for sharing that with us.

As far as the Panthers go, the game of the season is Sunday when my beloved Bears visit Charlotte. If nothing else you can boo the heck out of Julius Peppers. I'm worried about the game, though, since Cutler got knocked out and who knows what his status will be for the game.

Willoughby said...

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but middle school kids can be "going out" even if they're not allowed to date. It doesn't have anything to do with an actual date, it's a status thing that we're not supposed to understand (or at least I never have)!

Loved the video! Bethany is so talented! I'm glad you posted it.

drollgirl said...

your son is brave! he has it going on!

i am afraid if i was born i boy i would have NO GAME! none whatsoever! so i am relieved to be a girl! haha

Liz Mays said...

It's so cool that your son didn't really get that down about receiving the no's. What a cool kid.

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Your daughter's voice is as clear and pretty as a bell! I don't know how people make the right notes come out of their faces like that!

G-Man said...

LOVED your Video Polly!!
And I don't know how I missed your purple toes from April 5th...
Thank You for being such a loyal friend while I was gone..
You Rock Baby......G

S. Susan Deborah said...

Munchie: Way to go!!! I can't stop giggling.

Thanks for the video. We seem to partake in your cup of life quite generously. Thanks for allowing us to!

Joy always,
Susan

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Oh boy, I'm in for a ride too, since my son is also in 6th grade. He has just talked about hanging out with a girl after school yesterday..

Raoulysgirl said...

I'm late...I'm sorry!!!

I'm still giggling about the "player" thing!!! If only all the little boys in the world were growing up with the respect and manners that Munchie has!!! Wouldn't the world be a better place???

Especially if Miss Bethany were singing like that in the background!!!!!

<3 ya!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails