Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Musings-February 15, 2010

Dear Mr. Sister,

You know how I feel about Valentine's Day. A day forced upon us, guilting us to prove our love on this one day each and every year. It's all so contrived. I much rather enjoy the little moments of affection that randomly occur on the other 364 days instead! With that said, thank you for taking Munchie Boy out to select that sweet bouquet of flowers. It was such a delight coming home to that after 3 exhausting and grueling days at work.

Love always,

5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Prayer Request

If you are a praying person, I would like to ask you to add my dad to your prayers today. He was admitted to the hospital on Friday because he lost the ability to speak. After many tests the following was found: he had an old stroke and is suffering from atrial fibrillation. A-fib is a heart condition that can cause erratic heart beats,  blood clots to be formed, and increased risk of stroke. Apparently a clot landed in the speech center of his brain. He is even finding it difficult to write. He is on medication to control the a-fib, but has yet to regain his speech. You all are the best and I sincerely thank you!

Dad and his daughters
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Winner! Winner!

Remember the Travel Channel T-shirt I won over on Mommy Madness's Giveway? If you haven't had a chance to visit Christine I urge you to do so! She's delightful and can be found HERE. Anyway, I was directed to the Travel Channel website and from the choices offered I selected a safe, non flashy style with the Travel Channel logo across the left breast. Want to see what arrived in the mail?

Front:



Back:



Don't you just love it! It's perfect! It's so me! And look at that...the number on the back reflects my age, too! This shirt was not among the options when I made my boring original selection but I am absolutely thrilled with what fate threw my way!  Thanks Christine!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Have you all met Betty over at CUT AND DRY? If not you are missing out. She is a very sweet and dear blog friend and has a beautiful blog herself. I so enjoy her photography and her positive approach to life. Anyway, she bestowed upon me the Beautiful Blogger Award last week and I wanted to publicly thank her. 

I haven't passed on any awards of late but thought I would send these out to the following blogs that I find of particular merit:


*WARNING* Contents of some of the blogs may be of adult subject and may be rated PG-13 for language and situations.

Please pay them a visit if you have the time. They are each "beautiful" in their own unique ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all my musings for this rainy day Monday. Have a great day, everyone! 

27 comments:

HeatherLynn said...

Do you know that you're the only person I think to ever give me an award....I'm not even sure what to think! I don't need to give a little speech or anything do I?

Like ....I just want to thank the academy, and God...etc, etc.?! ;)

*I kid*....

but thank you so much, I sincerely appreciate the shout out! I'm just thrilled that you come by and visit me from time to time.....so while I'll accept your award, the greatest reward is having you visit. that's the best shout out of all!

Happy Monday luv.

xoxox
~hl~

HeatherLynn said...

Oh, and another thing, I'll say a prayer for your dad! I'm so sorry to hear he's having some problems.

if it's prayers you need, it's prayers you got!

~hl~

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

I'll keep your dad in my prayer, and also you too. You must be very worried about him.

Congrats on your T-shirt and award.

You are so kind in passing the award on to me. I'm honored, and very glad to have found you and your blog! Thank you for being a supportive friend in blogland.

Brian Miller said...

woot woot...thanks for the award! smiles.

glad to hear you had a good valentines...flowers are great!

prayers for your dad! keep us updated!

Purple Flowers said...

I am so sad to hear the news of your Father's illness. Please know he is in my prayers from now on. I'll be sending positive thoughts your way, along with asking God to watch over him. From the photo, he looks like such a gentle man.

Thank you for the very pretty award. Even though I don't add them to my sidebar, I add them to my blog file, which shows up under "You might like". Don't know exactly what that is called. Thanks again,most appreciated!

I will also say a prayer for you and your sisters for strength during this time.

Lee said...

I boycotted VD this year, but apparently the kids and hubs didn't read the memo..typical. Oh well, it's a nice heart charm I got..cuz I'm so full of love..LOL! I hope your dad is doing okay....

Tracy said...

You are preaching to the choir on the Valentines thing with me!

Joshua said...

I hate Valentine's Day, and specifically for the reason you mentioned. I do so much for my loves the rest of the year, I'd appreciate more than one day's recognition. Say, for instance, a three day weekend in March when the three of them are going out of town and leaving me home alone. Not that I'm counting the days or anything.

Jealous of the shirt. Supremely jealous.

I've passed your dad over to my MIL's group. They'll certainly be at it starting...now.

Tracie said...

I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day. I'll keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry about your dad--i'll be praying for him.

This Wife Cooks said...

Praying for your dad and your family. P.S. Love Man vs. Food!!

Nessa said...

Your dad is in my prayers.

Congratulations on the cool t-shirt.

Desires

MJ said...

Polly,
It is the little things that truly make the day special. Yes we may veto the VD (and why do I think venereal disease whenever I type that) but it was soo sweet.
I continue to send out thoughts and prayers dear.
xo MJ

MJ said...

Polly,
It is the little things that truly make the day special. Yes we may veto the VD (and why do I think venereal disease whenever I type that) but it was soo sweet.
I continue to send out thoughts and prayers dear.
xo MJ

Christine said...

OMG you have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?! I can't believe that is the shirt they sent you. Glad you like it anyway...you must have been shocked. Never again I tell ya!!

Jephy's Mom said...

I'm in the minority here when it comes to Valentine's Day. We use Valentine's Day to celebrate love and romance. There a little things we do every Valentine's day, like a romantic dinner for two - at which we are waited on by our children. It has become one of our family tradition's and I am really going to miss it once my youngest son gets too old to participate. It's the little things that makes these memories special, like the day our formal table setting with candles and pretty napkins included a spiderman because someone thought that would be nice.

Sorry to hear about your dad. I'll be thinking of him and you over the next couple of days.

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I'm sorry to hear that illness has befallen your father, my best thoughts and prayers go out to him.

I can't believe you got Man V. Food! I have seen some of that show. It's disgusting. Ugh. It turns my stomach!

..... I'm sure the shirt looks good on you, though. :P

Anonymous said...

Prayers for your dad. We're not big on valentine's day either...but we had a nice family day yesterday.

YOu and your sisters with your dad...I love the photo!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

You had me laughing at that shirt. Yes, it is so you,lol.

I am sending my prayers your way. I hope your dad is getting better.

Joanna Jenkins said...

I am stopping tis minute to pray for your Dad. Please keep us posted.

xoxoxox

Liz Mays said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I will definitely put him in my prayers!!!

the domestic mama said...

Oh, Polly I will keep your dad in my prayers. Prayer has amazing healing powers- he will be okay, I'm sure.

Weezer said...

Prayers, dear friend. I know the concern (agony?) that comes with having your dad not 100%. I've enlisted my local prayer warriors to hold him up for healing. If it's prayers he (and you) need, consider it done.
Glad to have you back after that string of working days.
**Hugs**

Willoughby said...

Sending prayers for you dad and your family.

Betty Manousos said...

Polly, I am so sorry to hear about your dad.
I'll keep him in my thoughts and prayers.
Glad you had a nice VL Day.
Betty xx

gayle said...

Praying for your dad! Keep us updated when you can!!

Holly Lefevre said...

I'll say a prayer for your Dad and be thinking of you and your family.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails