Saturday, February 6, 2010

Marathon Man

I have a blogging friend. His name is Luis. Luis will be running his very 1st marathon tomorrow. Why is that significant? Well let me briefly tell you about the "marathon" he's already ran and I believe you'll be impressed.


Just a few short years ago this was Luis.




Obese and unhappy with himself, Luis dug deep down inside and found the courage to change his way of life. He began by focusing on his eating habits. He then went on to work with a personal trainer and began an exercise regimen. This eventually led him to discover his love for running. 


When I met Luis, we were both running 3-5 miles at time. He wasn't satisfied with that and kept setting higher and higher goals. Tomorrow will be the culmination of all his perseverance, determination and hard work.  


This is Luis now.




Wow! After achieving this the marathon should be a piece of cake!


I humbly request that instead of commenting here today, please visit Luis over at his blog, Muddy Runner, and give him some words of encouragement. He's pretty nervous right now.


Good luck Luis. I know you will finish strong!

23 comments:

Christine said...

OH WOW! Going over to visit...great story!

Angela said...

Wow, that's awesome. Go Luis!!

Willoughby said...

Luis is such an inspiration! I wish I could be there to see him cross the finish line.

Go, Luis, go! You know all of your blog buddies will be thinking of you and routing for you on Sunday!!!

Unknown said...

That's great. With that much of determination, I am sure he's going to do very well.
Here I come Luis..... Whoosh.

Have a great weekend...:)

Brian Miller said...

wow. whata a great story...popping over...

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Good luck to Luis, and his story is inspiring!

Mike said...

AMAZING!!!! AMAZING!!!! AMAZING!!!

L.B. said...

Thank you everyone for your comments. They are much valued and appreciated, believe me.

And thank you Polly for your undying support and friendship. I'm touched that you would dedicate a post to me on here and on AR. It means a lot, believe me.

Betty Manousos said...

Good for you, Luis!and good luck to you! Thanks Poly for sharing!
Bettyxx

Corrie Howe said...

Left him so comment love. My cousin started her marathon obsession the same way. Now she runs several a year and come 1/2 ones too. She's in her 50s. (She's obviously much older than I am.)

Tracy said...

I will comment both places. What a great story, thanks for sharing

gayle said...

Great story and so nice of you! Going to visit Luis!

Anonymous said...

Thanks 5th for the heads up!! ****GO LB!!**** >>>>>>> LOBSTER

Anonymous said...

Awesome. Amazing. Way to go Luis!!!! I'm off to visit his blog. I also emailed you about your first giveaway. Yay.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this remarkable story. It's such an inspiration to all of us. I went to his place and left a comment as well. You are the bomb for sharing this with us :)

Unknown said...

I see such inspirational stories of people losing half their body weight and I don't have the self control to lose these measly 20 pounds. I want to start running. Maybe that will help me with my slow metabolism.

ChristineM said...

Thanks for posting this Polly! I already knew about LB's amazing journey, but just wanted to say you are an amazing friend! :)

Anonymous said...

p.s. I have something for you at my place: http://bit.ly/9sMZ37.

Nessa said...

You go Luis!

A Boy and His Toy

ballast photography said...

We're cheering for Luis right along with you!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Go Luis. I will be going over there right now.

Come by I have something for you

http://findingthepotofgold.blogspot.com/2010/02/sharing-loveawards-awards-and-more.html

Kimberly said...

That is awesome!

You won my very 1st giveaway!!!!

Come by and tell me which one of the 3 pieces of art you want.

Jenny said...

Rock on Luis! Way to go!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails