Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Printer's Drawer

I possess an old, antique printer's drawer. It hangs in my kitchen. It contains many treasures that I have collected through the years.

For example, my assortment of pins:


A gift from 2nd sister, the pin earned upon my graduation with a Bachelor's of Science from the University of Kansas, and an old scarf pin belonging to my Nana,
crafted in Italy back in the 1940's.


How about the pin I was wearing when I met the future Mr. Sister,
and the ski pin he "pinned" me with the night we became engaged?
Oh, the memories!


The drawer also hold miscellaneous items such as the leftover Euros from Bethany's trip to Italy, a piece of driftwood my son found on a beach trip to Charleston when he was 2 and a bit of a sand dollar that my daughter was pleased to find on a trip to Bald Head Island when she was 3.

I also possess several buttons that have found their way into my little treasure trove.



Such as the button commemorating the 1st college I attended (which is no longer in existence) and the buttons my children made for me at a festival they attended when they were very, very young.
My mementos also include several clay creations from my children






and even a cute penguin from 4th Sister.
I am pleased to announce another new treasure to add
to my simple but eclectic collection.


See this cute little pendant?
It is a chocolate chip cookie on a Scrabble tile (the letter is "L").
Notice the sweet scroll work on the background? You have no idea how much I cherish this new addition. You see, this pendant is a gift that was made by and sent to me as a thank you gift
from a very dear bloggy friend, Mama Keith over at The Domestic Mama.
What a wonderful surprise!

Thank you Mama Keith! It goes very well in the printer's drawer.


6 comments:

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

What an awesome collection! I love the display, too.

ChristineM said...

I LOVE what you've done with it! They make such great display cases for little items. My mom had one for her Wade collection (see Red Rose tea - they give away these little porcelain figurines in each box of tea) - when she moved, she THREW the printer's draw away!!!

Lissaloo said...

That is beautiful, what a wonderful way to display all your treasures! :)

Willoughby said...

I love it! I'm a sucker for sentimental collectibles, myself.

L.B. said...

That is awesome. Love it. Those truly are treasures.

Ana Burden said...

Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic. renting impresoras alicante

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails