Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Beautiful Blog?


What a wonderful surprise! Lissaloo, over at One Step at a Time, awarded me with this honor for being a beautiful blog in the category of "informative". She put me right up there with Luis Bueno over at The Muddy Runner. Now THAT'S quite an honor.

In accepting this award I have been asked to nominate 5 other blogs in the following categories:

B for Beautiful

I for Informative

N for Neighborly

G for Gorgeous

O for Outstanding

Boy, this is a toughie. I so enjoy all of the blogs I regularly subscribe to. If I could give this award out to each and every one of you I would. Instead, I have decided to nominate those blogs and/or websites that you may not be aware of but that are intriguing and meaningful to me.

Beautiful

Hands down, Jimmy over at The Catholic Daily Reading Reflections deserves this nomination. Jimmy is a convert to Catholicism, just like me. I love his take on the daily liturgical readings of the Roman Catholic Mass. It never seems to fail that the Bible is speaking directly to me, telling me what I need to hear or to learn at that particular moment. Reading Jimmy's blog is an intregal part of my morning ritual and I strive to incorporate these reflections into my own personal prayer life. I can't think of a more beautiful start to the day!

Informative

Barack Obama's Teleprompter deserves this nod! A very clever, tongue in cheek, look at the behind the scenes shenanigans of the current White House administration. Always worth a peek! Always a chuckle.

Neighborly

Monda, over at No Telling, makes for a good read. I adore the way she writes and her artistic way in which she expresses her view of the world in which we live, or rather, her view of the world in which she lives. I can picture inviting her over for a steamy cup of coffee out on the back deck. Her stories are quite entertaining and I would not mind, in the least, having her as my neighbor.


Gorgeous

My dear cyber friend Michelle, of The Domestic Mama, very much deserves this nomination. Her photography skills are top notch and her food photos leave me drooling every single time I visit her website. I do believe she has the makings of a top notch blogger and I look forward to the time when fame and fortune catch up to her. Then I could gloat and say, "I knew her when....", living vicariously off the glory of her coattails.

Outstanding

Michael O'Brien at StudiObrien wins this nomination, hands down. This is technically a website rather than a blog but I'm nominating him anyway. His paintings and his writings (books and essays) are all for the greater glory of our dear Lord. Because he speaks Truth, he has been viciously attacked and his site has been the target of cyber-terrorism. Despite all of this, he has the courage of his convictions and the perserverence to continue on with his life mission. I pray and ask God to continue to bless him and to keep his and his family safe in the face of these trying times in which we live.

Again, thank you Lissaloo!

4 comments:

the domestic mama said...

AWWWWW! Thank you! That is sooooo sweet! You rock! yippppeeee! You made my night! If I ever get on Oprah I will give you a shout-out! (lol!) until then... I will just have to make you hungry! And maybe laugh.... wait until you see tomorrows pics! LUV U!

Lissaloo said...

I put the eggs in whole, no mixing. I love that I can put it in the oven and then go fix hair or search for shoes homework, you know all the last minute before school stuff :)

Jenn Erickson said...

Congratulations! I love your blog. I found you through my friend Holly at 504 Main. Loved your post about getting older. Best regards, Jenn at Rookno17.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It is remarkable, rather amusing message

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails