Monday, May 4, 2009

Let Me Tell You About my Best Friend


This is me (on the left) with my best friend, Betty (on the right).
I truly love this woman. We have been best friends for almost 11 years, now. We met when our daughters were in preschool together. Our personality traits complement each other well. For example, where I may keep things bottled up inside she has no problem speaking her mind (wish I could be more like that!) She's beautiful, smart, witty and supportive. All the stuff that makes for the "bestest" of best friends.
We used to be Girl Scout Leaders together so we always had an excuse to get together. But I miss her. Ever since I decided to home school we don't see each other as often as we should. And this past year she took on a job so that makes our time together even more rare. But when we do get together we always have a great time! It is so easy to pick up where we left off. That's the thing about true friends...it's not the quantity of time together but the quality that counts.
Here's to you, Betty, and to all best friends everywhere!

5 comments:

Willoughby said...

You're so lucky to have a friend like Betty. I've lost touch with most of my "old" friends, and all of my newer friends seem to move out of the area!

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Here's to best friends! Mine lives 2 hours away; not a big deal when you're single and don't have kids, but once you start "growing up" those two hour drives get harder and harder. But, your post reminds me how important it is to nurture our friendships- thanks!

Raoulysgirl said...

My best friend (other than my hubby) is my older sister. She lives about 1 minute away...right across the street!!! I realize how lucky I am to have constant access to my best friend...and I try to not take it for granted. I'll raise my glass (of Pepsi) to your toast to best friends!!!

Lissaloo said...

Friends like that are treasures indeed, beautiful post :)

abby jenkins said...

I would have sworn that was the 6th sister! You look alike! I cherish my friends and need to find more time for them in my busy life.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails