Friday, May 1, 2009

I Graciously Accept this Award


Katie, from Katie's Korner, awarded me with the Passionate Blogger Award. Thank you, Katie. I appreciate and accept this honor.

By accepting this award, I must agree to the following 3 rules:

1. Put the logo in my blog.
2. Write 5 things I am passionate about besides my blog.
3. Tag 5 people on my list and let them know I tagged them

Hmmmm. What, indeed, am I passionate about?

1. First and foremost would have to be my Catholic faith and love for Jesus Christ. It wasn't until I began my spiritual journey that healing and miracles, in several forms, came into my life: I was healed of an eating disorder in my 20's, I met the love of my life; I survived complications from childbirth (twice from same pregnancy); my son survived his premature birth; my daughter, whom they were certain suffered from Cystic Fibrosis, has begun to demonstrate healing of her asthma, and so, so much more. God is good and the power of prayer phenomenal.

2. My husband must go into this slot. Although I do not tell him nearly enough, he is, indeed, the love of my life. He is an honest and caring man with a unique sense of humor. When we 1st met and he made me laugh. I knew, then, that he was the man for me!

3. My kids. What more can I say? I am so proud of both of them. Sweet Cheeks, my daughter, is so talented. I am in awe of her singing ability. She is growing into such a beautiful young lady. She is caring and dependable, always looking out for her little brother. I love her so very much! Speaking of her brother, Munchie Boy...this little guy is the most courageous soul. He has encountered and surpassed so many obstacles early on in his life: premature birth, failure to thrive, severe reflux, torticollis and plagiocephaly, developmental delays, being diagnosed on the autism spectrum and so on. To look at him now, one would never know of his prior struggles. Last year, he was in the 99th percentile on the Iowa Basics and is now an avid swimmer who will be attending his 1st swim meet this evening! See, son, with hard work and determination, we can all overcome and succeed.

4. My work. I love my job. See here: Respiratory Therapy

5. Cooking. I have fallen in love with food! I have had the most fun coming up with new and exciting recipes for the family to enjoy. I also love photographing food. (I wish, however, I was more adept at PhotoShop when editing said photos) Cookbooks are a great read for me, too. But my most favorite passion regarding cooking is coming up with new and interesting herb combinations. Ever since I began an herb container garden last year I have had the most fun snipping, drying and combining flavors. Rosemary, sage and basil is a particular favorite of mine.

I would like to recognize the following as my choice to recieve this award:

1. Luis Bueno from Muddy Runner for his passion about running and fitness.
2. Raouly's Girl at Who Has the Thyme for her passionate political views.
3. Thamesarino at Yesterday's Tomorrow because of her passion for her family and her overcoming her own obstacles.
4. Willoughby from This Stop Willoughby for her passionate Friday night posts (;oD)
5. Thrasher's Wife at Forty Something and Counting for her Tieman's Fusion Coffee passion.

2 comments:

Willoughby said...

Thank you for the award! I left you an award, too (a different one)!

Katie said...

Polly, I have another one waiting for you over at my blog.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails