Sunday, March 15, 2009

Signature Spice Blend

Since my last post I have been asked about my Signature Spice Blend. Well, actually, only one person showed any interest. But I thought it would be an easy blog entry to post before I head into work today. I use this spice blend in practically EVERYTHING...On meats, veggies, pizzas and egg dishes and in soups, sauces and gravies.


Ingredients:


1/4 cup paprika
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup garlic powder
2 tablespoons black pepper
2 tablespoons onion powder
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper (can use crushed red pepper flakes with good results)
2 tablespoons basil
2 tablespoons thyme

Mix all together and store in an airtight container.

Now, how easy was that?

6 comments:

Willoughby said...

I like the idea of the basil and the thyme in your blend. I use all of the other ingredients frequently, but the herbs would be a nice addition. I don't always think to use basil in dishes that aren't tomato based. Thanks for helping me think outside the box!!

Lissaloo said...

This sounds like a great mix to have around, I am going to give it a try, Thanks for sharing :)

Katie said...

That is almost like Emeril's...great minds think alike! :)

jamieswifey4life said...

I'm really going to have to try this. Thanks so much for sharing Polly!

This Wife Cooks said...

This sounds really good!

Holly Lefevre said...

I am going to make this...sounds great!
Holly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails