Monday, September 19, 2011

Monday Musings: September 19, 2011

Dear Cam Newton,

Um, our team was the one wearing the WHITE jerseys. Just thought maybe you had forgotten.

A concerned 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Steve Smith,

What was that all about? Were you showing off? I thought rule #1 in NFL football is to ALWAYS protect the ball. Oh, and next game…leave the Teflon gloves at home, ‘kay?

An exasperated 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Carolina Panthers,

In all seriousness, I witnessed moments of greatness in Sunday’s game. It’s obvious we lost on turnovers, but the fact that these past 2 games were both lost by only a touchdown is a remarkable improvement from last year. This was actually an enjoyable game to watch. Even Mr. Sister had a good time. 

A hopeful 5th


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Procrastination,

I do believe it’s about time we part ways. Although we’ve been extremely close these past 5 decades, I’m ready to be a woman of action. It is very difficult to be that woman with you standing in the way. I’m thinking sometime next week or next month would be a good time to make that split. I’ll get back to you.

A delaying 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Munchie Boy,

Now that you are about to exceed mama’s height, the answer is NO! You cannot use my shoulder as an arm rest.

Your vertically challenged Mama 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Daisy,

I know you love me. Now that you have access to more of the house I realize you want to be with me every moment of every day. But seriously, could you quit following me into the bathroom? I promise I’ll come back out. How about you guard the door for me instead? Deal?

A Daisy lovin’ 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Thank you, thank you, thank you. Without you I don’t know how I would have achieved the CEU’s necessary to maintain my license to practice in this state. The only thing left to do is to pay my renewal fee. If I can get my friend Procrastination to back off a bit, I should be able to do that later today. Or tomorrow.
A grateful and still delaying 5th

PS…thank goodness I have until the end of the month!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 That's all for this week's edition of Monday Musings. It feels good to be writing again! I've missed all of you.

5 comments:

Willoughby said...

Glad to have you back! I've missed you!

Monkey Man said...

Cheer up. Next week you get the Jags. They may be 1-1, but have only scored 19 points and have allowed 46. Weak secondary and second rate QB. I say first Panther win next week in a cat fight.

Brian Miller said...

smiles...i was ready to give up footballafter week 1 but we seem to have woke up a bit yesterday...um yeah, i want to be alone in the bathroom...

Pelican Joe said...

You forgot the Dear Greenbay Packers Fans... You might think your team is great, but your team just let a rookie quarterback have another 400+ yard week.

Cheryl said...

Awesome musings and I don't even follow football!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails