Thursday, June 2, 2011

I Heard the Cry of Mourning Dove

I was working on a "Flash Friday 55" for G-Man's meme. Unfortunately, I was unable to trim this any further to suit with his rules. So, instead, I present to you my "63 Words on Thursday"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heard the cry of Mourning Dove
rousing me from dreams
chanting hymns from high above
singing just for me


I heard the cry of Mourning Dove
sorrowful the song
her dulcet tones were trilling of
loss, of pain, of wrongs

I heard the cry of Mourning Dove
weeping in the tree
tears of healing, hope, and love
from branches fell on me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



7 comments:

Claudya Martinez said...

You made me hear her cry too.

dawn said...

You captured her sound perfectly!
Love this

G-Man said...

You are just too sentimental!!
You have to let go, they are only words.
Now sit down and try again!!!

This was lovely Pollyanna.....G

Brian Miller said...

smiles. it is beautiful and you catch a great rhythm with the words...

now go grab your scissors...you only got to cut 8...smiles.

Cheryl said...

Beautiful, Polly. G-Man is such a hard-case.

Judie said...

Polly, I don't know what to say, other than this is hauntingly beautiful.

Raoulysgirl said...

I'm going to admit it...this made me cry.

<3

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails