Friday, August 14, 2009

Feeling Better and Other Stuff

The pain meds are finally kicking in and Daisy is beginning to feel like her old self. She has more energy but still is not eating her normal amount for breakfast and dinner.

Another sign that she's feeling better is that she tried to chase a cat when Munchie took her for a walk last evening. Munch weighs about the same as Daisy (60 lbs) so he had to drop to his rear and sit on the ground, bracing with his feet and hold on to her leash for dear life. Wish I had a video or photo of that. I think I'm going to have to teach Munch the "Dog Whisperer" moves that have helped Daisy submit to me and recognize that I am the Alpha member of our "pack".

The other excitement this week is that Bethany has been doing the driving portion of her Driver's Ed class. So funny to hear her stories. Apparantly, the instructor didn't trust her that first day and kept her hands clamped on the emergency wheel. She chided Bethany for not doing certain "maneuvers" correctly but Bethany said it's kind of hard to turn her wheel when the teacher had it in a death grip! Also, this morning they are on the look out for pedestrians so if you plan on walking anywhere, my advice to you is to stay on the sidewalks!

And finally, the Charlotte Children's Choir season begins tonight with a 3 day retreat. Time to organize the carpools and adjust schedules! Let the fundraising begin!

I'd like to close by thanking all of you for your kind words, prayers and best wishes for Daisy's full recovery. They're working!

Oh, and be careful out there!

3 comments:

mamakeith said...

Good wishes to miss daisy!

Lissaloo said...

too funny! I remember my drivers edd teacher, crabby crabby crabby, how are you suppose to learn to drive with people like that?!?
Glad Daisy is feeling better, she sounds like such a sweetheart :)

Willoughby said...

I'm so glad Daisy is doing well!

My driver's ed. teacher had a habit of kicking the brake on his side of the car to make sure it wasn't stuck or jammed. It about drove me crazy!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails