Monday, August 24, 2009

1st Day of (High) School


Today is freshman orientation day at the high school Bethany will be attending. I've been teaching Bethany, at home, for the past 4 years. Subsequently it was with much excitement and a little trepidation that I dropped her off. I had flashbacks of when she went off to kindergarten for the very first time. I remember, then, at how small and fragile she seemed when I let go of her little hand so she could board the bus. I also remember how grown up she appeared when she returned home that very afternoon.


I wonder what today will be like? Will she make new friends? Will she like her teachers? Will her teachers like her? Will I be able to stand having her away from me for a good chunk of the day? It's funny, these were the same thoughts running through my mind way back when. But you know something...I can here her plain as day telling me, "Mommy, I'm going to be all right." And so she shall.

7 comments:

Tracy said...

oh but you are right, what an exciting time!

L.B. said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for you guys!

Lissaloo said...

It will be wonderful, you have done well Mom :)

Unknown said...

Tracy: I'd like to welcome you to my little corner of the blogosphere. It's a humble site with a hodge podge of topics and a little eccetricity thrown in here or there. Put up your feet and stay awhile.

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

High school can be so scary, but you have given her a great foundation and from what you have described, she is wonderful kid- er, teen! Good luck in high school, Bethany!

ChristineM said...

I hope she comes home with the biggest smile on her face! Let us know how it goes!

Willoughby said...

I'm betting that she'll love her new school (even if she does miss you a little bit)! Have a great year, Bethany!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails