Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Proud Recipient

Thank you Tats from Tattoos and Teething Rings and Willoughby from This Stop Willoughby for selecting me as a recipient of the "Kreativ Blogger" award. I am humbled that you both thought enough of me, and my blog, when making your selections.

There are rules associated with this award that are quite simple:


1. Thank the person who nominated you.


2. Copy the logo and place on your blog.


3. Link to the person/persons who gave you the award.


4. List 7 things about yourself that people may find interesting.


5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.


6. Provide links to your nominees.


7. Leave a comment on each nominee's blog to let them know about the award.

I guess now I have to bore you with 7 "interesting" facts about myself.

1. Although I may seem like an "open book", I do tend to keep things close to the heart. I hope you will never hear me gossip or speak disparingly of another person (politics doesn't count!).

2. I really wanted to be a biology major in college, with a special emphasis on marine biology. Unfortunately, I grew up in Kansas where I was "land locked". However, over Christmas break of my freshman year of college, I was able to take a summer course to San Salvadore, Bahamas to study the reproductive habits of sea urchins. It really was interesting. I learned how to snorkle, came face to face with a baracuda and a nurse shark and slept in old WWII army baracks while there.

3. I am short, short, short, short, short! Maybe "petite" is a gentler word. I was 5'2" but am shrinking as I age. I think I'm around 5'1" now. I require a step stool to reach things above the 2nd shelf level of my kitchen cabinets.

4. I only learned how to cook after having kids. When Mr. Sister and I were 1st married I would try to cook for him only to have him call my attempts at soup "vegetables and hot water". We survived on spaghetti and jarred sauce and frozen pizzas. I must say that now Mr. Sister, and my children, are my biggest fans! I also have people at work who query me about what new dishes I have served. I guess you could say I am gaining somewhat of a reputation!

5. If I had all the children I conceived I would have 5, with Sweet Cheeks falling to the #3 spot. Munchie Boy, however, would retain his position as the "baby". I miscarried early in these pregnancies (around 8-10 weeks) but that didn't make it any less painful. I like to think of it as having 3 little saints in heaven to pray for us.

6. I am of Prussian ancestry. My father was East Prussian and immigrated, with his family, to the USA when he was around 8 or 9. Mr. Sister is of Slovakian descent with grandparents who immigrated to our great nation. So our children have heavy Eastern European influence in their ancestry.

7. A food that I just love but not at all enjoyed by the family are chicken gizzards and livers. I do "sneak" them into play when roasting chicken as I have them in the drippings, contributing to the juices that will eventually become a tasty gravy.

Many of my blog buddies have already received this award, deservedly so. I decided to decline nominating them, but rather give other blogs a chance to be featured in this space. Those that I have selected to receive this award are as follows:

Christine M at Marvelously Mundane (wonderful reading)
Mama at One Healthy Mama (loving the healthy slant on everyday food)
Lisaloo at One Step at a Time (who enjoys life, and her kids to the fullest)
Gracey at A Dash of Life (for the pleasure I receive learning about her culture and world view)
Thamesarino at Yesterday's Tomorrow (for her honesty and integrity)
Raouly's Girl at Who Has the Thyme (for her "keeping it real" and not taking it personally if I happen to disagree with her)
Pelican Joe (aka Mr. Sister) at Rants From a MAD Pelican (because he needs all the help he can get)

Well, that was fun!

3 comments:

Willoughby said...

You are very welcome for the award! I always enjoy reading your blog!

I loved you list. Number 7, chicken gizzards and livers? Really? I've never had the courage to try them!

Gracey said...

Thanks for the award! Your list was very interesting - I love chicken gizzards and livers, btw.

ChristineM said...

A belated thanks for the award! I love your list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails