Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Tale of a Black Lab

Do you all remember Jet, (oops, I mean Roxie)? The black lab that showed up on our doorstep a few weeks back? Well let me tell you a story:

I was coming home from work last evening when I spied a sign that said "Found: Black Lab". I took down the number and decided to call it this morning. I spoke to a lovely woman by the name of Emily. I described Jet, (oops, I mean Roxie), to the woman down to a tee. This was definitely the dog she had found. Apparantly Emily found Jet, (oops, I mean Roxie), on the easement of our property, along the busy street just behind our back yard. I talked Emily into bringing Jet, (oops, I mean Roxie) over this afternoon. I will then keep Jet, (oops, I mean Roxie) until morning when I will take her back to her vet. I then plan on having a very deep conversation with the vet, concerning Jet's, (oops, I mean Roxie's) apparant lack of supervision/safety. I will emphasize that we are willing to provide Jet, (oops, I mean Roxie) a good home with a fenced back yard, kids to play with, someone to run with and a family to love her for always. We would be honored to care for this beautiful creature. Emily tells me she felt that if she did not pick up Jet, (oops, I mean Roxie), when she did, she was certain the dog would have been struck by a car. Also, Jet, (oops, I mean Roxie), still doesn't have the proper tags in place. Will people ever learn?

I would like to hope that this is a perfect world where the outcome would be one that would benefit all involved in this canine love story. We can always dream.

Update: Jet, (oops, I mean Roxie) is here! We are all very excited to see her again!

2 comments:

Willoughby said...

We have leash laws in our town, but they are regularly disregarded. It's not at all uncommon to see dogs running loose in the neighborhood. It's only a matter of time before a tragedy occurs. Luckily, Jet (oops, I mean Roxie) has some caring people looking out for her.

Gracey said...

I am glad Jet is in your hands again! I just hope that he stays there, for good this time! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails