Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Where Have All the Blackbirds Gone?

Copyright 2012 The 5th Sister
Image may not be used without permission

I looked o'er the cottonwood
towards prairie and beyond
wondering to myself
"Where have all the blackbirds gone?"


~

Today marks the beginning of Lent...a time of preparation, through prayer, penance and self sacrifice, in order to ready ourselves for our Risen Lord. 

I have designated this year as my year of change. One of the things I am doing is focusing more on my art. I have decided to take my more unusual dreams and bring it to "life" through my particular art form using textiles. The above is a 1st in a series. Enjoy. 

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

hey you...its great to see you...how cool on your focus on your art....so that is what you been up to?

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I look forward to seeing more. I love weird dreams, and art!

Unknown said...

Thanks guys. I gave up Facebook for Lent so that I can focus more on my blog. I probably won't post everyday but will definitely share my dream art!

Jenny said...

OMG! It's you! It's really you!!!!! I was thinking about you the other day! And now I finally have five seconds to hop on and here you are!

Awwww...seeing your post today just made my day!

Anonymous said...

I think it is a beautiful idea to make your dreams into beautiful pieces of art. I wish you luck on your preparations for Lent. Thank you for sharing this post with us.


PhD by Publication

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails