Sunday, January 29, 2012

5th's Sunday Seven: World's Largest Dreadlock





intrigued, one could not help but stare  
pondering the how
the why

the mystery

behind

her mass

of hair


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These were from photos of my trip to NYC last summer. I was absolutely fascinated by this woman's huge mass of matted hair. Was it a dreadlock? Was it just a giant rat's nest? Is this a cultural symbol that this mid-west gal is unaware? 

Anyway, what story can you tell in 7 words, lines, images, whatever. The rules are loose. I'll read your entries and comments when I return home from work. 



5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i am agasp
myself

thick and heavy

well beyond
the hip

yet hip

smiles.

NatureGirl said...

Oh my is about all I can come up with.

Joanna Jenkins said...

THe first thing that came to mind when I saw the photos was....

Step away from the hair.

xojj

TortugaRachel said...

That's kinda gross. I mean, I understand the fashion thing of dreads and all, but one large dread... no, that's a mess, and God only knows the last time she washed that.

G-Man said...

It's a Frickin
Wig
Steel Wool blob
The emptiens of my Hoover
Snarled up Fishing Line
Stupid Statement
Attention getter

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails