Saturday, December 17, 2011

Oh Christmas Tree...A Saturday Centus Offering


"Oh Christmas tree,"
"it doesn’t have to be this way!"
Sausage festering upon thy branch
when we’d rather have filet!

Could be worse…
I’m just a’guessing:
that pork could be slathered
w/rancid mustard dressing

Thanks but no thanks,
giving this a pass.
Feasting on fudge instead…
Chocolate won’t cause gas!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jenny Matlock

This week's Centus includes a photo prompt, word prompt ("Oh Christmas tree"), AND a 50 word limit! Whew! Ms. Jenny certainly is a task master! And then, just for kicks, I decided to make it harder by using last week's prompt as well ("It doesn't have to be this way") due to my absence. I hope you enjoyed my little Christmas ditty that I was certainly fun to pen. Have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Bookie said...

Great combo of prompts! Oh and enough chocolate will cause some real issues!!! But worth it....

Susan Anderson said...

Nice work, Polly.

And you won me over, too. Chocolate all around!

;)

Lynn said...

LOL-Love me some fudge:@)

Rek Sesh said...

Great verse...but chocolate can cause bouts of guilt ridden aerobics...

21 Wits said...

Oh I'm with you too....pass the chocolate please!!! this way!!!!

21 Wits said...

Oh I'm with you too....pass the chocolate please!!! this way!!!!

Gems said...

Chocolate or this gas fest of a tree? Hmmm..that is actually a hard decision for me!!!!

Brian Miller said...

you know...that might be the way to go honestly...might get one of those for beside the grill you know..smiles.

Ames said...

Oh that is just too perfect! You crack me up!~Ames

Viki said...

I would prefer the fudge/chocolate as well, ha, ha.

anitamombanita said...

Nice job...I love meat, but this looked a bit much, even for me! I think the AZ heat is getting to Mrs. Jenny.

Dazee Dreamer said...

lol. so true.

Judie said...

Well, my first thought was "all that cholesterol!!" I'd much rather have dark chocolate, Polly!

Jenny said...

Polly, you are so darned funny. Thanks for a great laugh for 2012. I prefer the fudge, too!

Although that rancid ranch does sound tempting - ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails