Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday Musings: December 12, 2011


During Mass yesterday morning the visiting priest, a diehard Carolina Panther fan, was certain to offer up several prayers for a Sunday afternoon victory. On our way to the game I said to Munchie Boy that I didn’t think it mattered to God who wins or loses a game and that prayers for such are most likely pointless. (Although I've been known to mutter a "Oh, please, God, oh please, oh please" a time or two myself) My son then protested that he prays for the Panthers to win all the time. I told him I was just trying to make a point and that his prayers couldn't hurt!

Long story short…we lost the game to the Atlanta Falcons 23-31 (after being ahead 23-7 at the end of the 1st half). On our way back to our car, Munchie looks to me and says, “Mom...I don’t think God is a Panther’s fan!” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

My dreams of battling Evil continue. However, they have recently taken an interesting turn. A recurring theme in my dreams is the ability to hover and glide a foot off the floor. In my most recent dream my hovering morphed into flying! It was such a pleasure to soar above the tree lines and rooftops. This new ability has made it so much easier to evade and to spy on that dastardly Evil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Dear Dryer Repair Man,

Thanks to you, we now have clean underwear. Thanks to you, we’ve been able to spend the entire weekend catching up on 2 ½ weeks worth of dirty laundry. Thanks to you, the dryer is working overtime and functioning like new. Thanks to you, we did not have to purchase a major appliance with our Christmas funds.

I think I love you!

A grateful 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Dear Santa,

We must have been awfully good this past year for you to take the time out of your busy schedule to visit us and our neighbors! What a treat!

Merrily yours,
The 5th on your list!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Dear Charlotte Children's Choir,

What a joy it has been to see Bethany mature and hone her talent through the 7 years she has been a member. It is with a sad and heavy heart that she must take this upcoming semester off. School has to be a priority right now. 

Your Holiday concert was a delight. I hope you don't mind me sharing with my blog friends the piece combining the choirs. Beautiful, just beautiful!

Already missing you,

Music lovin' 5th




5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

i wish santa visited our neighborhood...flying has always been my dream power of choice too...how cool...and yep sorry on the game, ack...not a good year for you...my sons christmas present is to go to the last pittsburgh game of the year in cleveland on new years day...he has no clue...gonna be fun...and cold...

Susan Anderson said...

What a wonderful post, Polly! I so enjoyed reading it.

I used to have that flying dream a lot. It was always sort of hard for me to get up high. I would hover and then try real hard and get truly launched. What lovely dreams those flying ones are.

=)

Tina said...

Hey 5th! Always fun to catch up with you on Mondays! Sorry about your Panthers...but have you noticed what's been going on around here? Crazy stuff! Denver, with a winning record.
Tina @ Life is Good

Raoulysgirl said...

Munchie Boy...Cracks.Me.Up. He is hilarious!!!

I'm sad that Bethany has to take the semester off...but understand that school is a priority. I'm certain that she will keep singing...God blesses few with the voice of His Angels!!!!!!

In case I don't get a chance to tell you (things get a little hectic around here this time of year!), I hope that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and that God's love and light carry you into the new year with health and happiness!!!!! Love ya!!! <3

drollgirl said...

hovering in your dreams?! i love it! and flying in dreams is good too, although i am petrified of heights! lol

glad your dryer is working now! it is SUCH A RELIEF to have a washer and dryer that work. clearly i have been without before, and it is NO FUN!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails