Monday, June 20, 2011

Why Do We Question God...

...when He answers our prayers?

I was witness to a true miracle when only moments before I was praying for one. Yet, I found it unbelievable instead of immediately thanking God for His divine mercy.

My prayer now is for forgiveness: God please pardon my unbelief.

I wish I could share with you what happened but I would be in violation of HIPPA and patient confidentiality regulations if I did. Let's just say it was a "Lazarus" moment.

God is good indeed!

5 comments:

Bubba said...

I think there's always a moment (or more) of disbelief when our prayers get answered because it's so rare that we're genuinely surprised when it does happen.

And questioning things is just part of our (God-given?) nature, as intelligent beings.

But I'm sure God understands all that, so perhaps He doesn't hold it against us. (That would be kind of petty - not the way I hope God would be!)

Brian Miller said...

woot. glad you got to see the miracle...why do we question it...i think eric hit on some and guess it has to do with what we expect as well...

mommakin said...

My father, the OR staff informed us, had one of those moments almost 15 years ago. They were all stunned - he had died and then - he didn't. We were blessed with his presence for almost 15 more years.

Pelican Joe said...

Those Hippos! They are always throwing around their regulations! I think the elephants and rhinos are now quite upset!

samurai said...

Amen... I wonder the same thing from time to time about myself...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails