Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Microfiction Muse #9: Bobbing Contest


Ed was excited 
to be participating 
in the tribe’s annual ritual:
Little did he know 
that it was his head, 
not apples, 
they’d be bobbing for.

(140)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Micro-fiction Muse involves writing a very short story (140 characters max-including spaces) based upon a photo prompt. I make it my goal to always use140 characters exactly. Diane Estrella is our host for this weekly meme. Please be sure to visit her blog for complete rules and to visit other participants. 

8 comments:

Brian Miller said...

uh oh...gotta love immersing yourself in a culture...

Diane said...

So perfect I can not even express it enough!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! :O)

Willoughby said...

You can't underestimate the value of a good interpreter (or at least a cheap translation guide)!

Lynette Killam said...

Ha...I loved this, Polly! And your friend Willoughby's response was perfect...:)

Pat said...

Oh my poor son. But seriously, I laughed.

Claudya Martinez said...

Bummer for him.

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness!! Well done! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Two words: LOVE IT! And more words: Made me laugh out loud!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails