Tuesday, March 8, 2011

It Cost a Pretty Penny

I’m not having a very good week. Monday began with a blown tire. When I got to the tire store it was discovered that the treads on all tires were worn necessitating the purchase of 4 brand new ones. Afterwards, when I returned home, my washer decided to go on the blitz. Unfortunately, it is a brand that repairmen run in holy terror from. I finally found someone to come out on Tuesday. During the disassembly of the washer my laundry room flooded. Excuse me, Mr. Repairman…why didn’t you drain the tub first? After all, the problem with the washer was that it wouldn't spin or drain. Can I hear a "Duh"? Once that mess was cleaned up the culprit was found: a penny in the pump, of all things!

So if I seem cranky, it’s because I am.

Oh…by the way, would you like to see what a $115.00 penny looks like? 


Not really pretty, now, is it?

12 comments:

Brian Miller said...

((polly))

hope the week gets better from here...had to buy 2 new tires this week myself...

thrasherswife said...

Ugh, when it rains it... rains pennies from heaven?!? Hope the week continues to go better!

Jackie said...

Don't you hate it when that happens !? I understand your grouchiness and a penny of all things!! I still have a needed vacuum cleaner to repair UGH!

G-Man said...

Pollyanna....
I'm absolutely certain that this would NEVER have happenned if you had played Friday Flash 55!!!
Think about it.....

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness - I'm so sorry this has all happened!! I hope your repair troubles are over now and that your week turns out much better!

Cheryl said...

At first I thought it was one of those obscure pennies worth a bundle. Waking up at 0:dark:30 has its disadvantages. D'oh!

It's gotta get better, right?

Bubba said...

They say God never puts more on your shoulders than He knows you can handle. Sounds like you're handling a lot recently, Polly.


P.S. That penny is very Wabi Sabi.

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

When I first saw the penny, I thought it was a wonky painting of a penny. I wish it were. Bad Penny!

Tracy said...

you and I are having the same week(starting with a flat tire here as well)! and the bank account is suffering! hope it gets better for you!

Anonymous said...

Could be worse...I had to drop $20,000 on a new car last week. No, I didn't pay in cash. I wish I could, but no.

If you still have the penny, I'll give send you $2 for it. And an SASE to mail it back to me.

No...seriously. I'd take it off your hands.

Yes, I'm weird. That was established long ago.

Donna Volkenannt said...

You're due for some good luck. Hope your week gets better.
Donna V.

Willoughby said...

That is one expensive penny! Glad your washer is fixed now.

I honestly didn't know that there was one brand of washing machines that repairmen didn't like. You would think the mechanisms would be pretty similar from brand to brand, wouldn't you?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails