Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday's Tip: Spiced Pumpkin Seeds.


As Halloween approaches I thought I'd share with you one of my very favorite ways to roast pumpkin seeds. The original recipe can be found on All Recipes

Ingredients

1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 cups raw, whole pumpkin seeds

Optional: 
I always add several dashes of my Signature Spice Blend
For added heat, a dash or two of extra cayenne works well. 

Directions

1.  Preheat oven to 275 degrees F
2.  Combine all ingredients, mixing thoroughly 
3. Place in shallow baking dish and bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally


10 comments:

Brian Miller said...

mmm...nice. like me some baked pumpkin seeds

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

You had me at garlic powder.

S. Susan Deborah said...

Yum recipe. We make a lot of items from pumpkin: sweet and spicy.

Joy always,
Susan

forever lost said...

ok, i will try the pumpkin seed roasting one more time! they always sound so good!

your title caught my eye and made me smile! It has become a tradition around here...and every year we all taste them and look at each other thinking uck! not worth the time!

Anonymous said...

Oh yummers;)

Deborah Kay at The Paint Splash said...

Sounds good. I plan on carving the pumpkin today, perfect timing! Just decided to visit many of the blogs I follow and let everyone know that in 9 more blogs I will be having a give away to celebrate my 100th blog . Debbie

Maude Lynn said...

I'll give this a try!

Willoughby said...

This recipe would make my son very happy. He loved roasted pumpkin seeds.

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Yummy, yummy....that sounds delicious.

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

I love pumpkin seeds! We toast ours every year, so thank you for this recipe!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails