Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday Musings: September 20, 2010

Have you ever been so glad to begin a new week? I would kind of like to forget that last week happened all together. 

First came the worst "cold" I have ever experienced. Truly. I totally lost my voice. The throat pain was searing. The fatigue immense. It was worse than the flu. I say this because at least with the flu at least you are forced to rest. A couple of days in bed and voila...feeling better. As you will see I did not have the luxury to ride this one out. (Although I am feeling much better, the virus has decided to linger in my lungs.) 

Munchie Boy came down with the same virus early last week. It was 10 times worse than anything I was suffering. Poor kid missed almost an entire week of school. He required breathing treatments. It took days before his fever broke. When he lost his voice he wrote me a note that said "This is the WORST WEEK EVER!" And it truly was. 

For you see, during Munchie's illness, I was forced to be an absentee mother. Tuesday evening Mr. Sister was complaining of not feeling well. Mr. Sister doesn't complain so I took him to urgent care to be checked out. They did an EKG because his heart rate was slow (we're talking in the 30's) and irregular. We were sent to the emergency room and he ended up being admitted for observation. The next day an echo-cardiogram showed a strong healthy heart. The stress test indicated a problem with the "conduction", aka sinus node. The question is "why"? The answer is "We don't particularly know". Mr. Sister is feeling much better and that's a plus. He goes back to the cardiologist in a month. 

All this added stress was particularly hard on Bethany...who, getting over the illness herself, had to take care of Paul. She was one tough cookie this past week and I am really proud of her for stepping up to the plate. 

And what would a "Monday Musing" post be without a letter to my beloved Panthers? I think they now know how pitiful and pathetic they are this season. Nothing I can say or write will make them better or bring me satisfaction. The only bright spot yesterday was the time I got to spend with Bethany at the game. 

And now it is now time to begin our Monday: wake the kids, make lunches, etc. Here's to the hope that a better week ensues! 




14 comments:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I hope everything gets back to normal soon. Feel better, sweet little family!

Purple Flowers said...

It's great that Bethany stepped up to the plate to help take care of your son - such a nice sister.
Hope you are all feeling much better, and that you have a great week!

Brian Miller said...

ack. hoping that this week is a lot better for you and everyone is feeling better...sorry about the panthers...

Anonymous said...

Prayers for a better week! Sorry about the panthers...the last couple of years have been tough to be a chiefs fan...but this year has started ok...we wait and see.

Unknown said...

I hope everyone stays healthy this week.

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Hi Polly!

Thanks for your comment in my BFF post. Good to see you back in the blogging scene! :)

Hope you guys get well soon!

Anonymous said...

wow, what a week....hope all gets better;)

hugs

Tina said...

Glad you're on the mend, all of you. Surely this week will be better...

The Blogging Goddess said...

What a terrible week...it can only get better this week. Well, sorry about your Panthers, but my Texans actually WON A GAME! It's a miracle!

the domestic mama said...

Aw, Polly- here's to a better week!

Jenny said...

Oh man. The only good thing about having a week from he** is that usually the next week is better!

Hope this theory comes true for you!

Cheryl said...

That sounds like one helacious week. Glad to hear everyone's on the mend. Hope the cardio can figure out what's ailing the Mr.

Christine said...

That is just WAY TOO much for one person to handle.

Hang in....

Nessa said...

I am glad Mr. Sister is ok(?) and hope you all feel better soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails