Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sensational Haiku Wednesday: Fathers

Join the fun!

Longing for Father
Searching for His only Son
Guided by Spirit

Papa forgive her
She's handing over the pain
Time has come to heal

For more haiku hijinks, please visit Jenn
Next week's theme: Haiku Challenge (the theme word is challenge as well) From Jenn's blog:

The Challenge will be to bring in the most new Haiku-ers (ideally people who will join us and stick around). Please have your new Haiku-er identify themselves as coming from you in the comments, and use the proper graphic and link (below) on their blog. The winner* of our challenge will get a $25 gift card to your choice of Starbucks, Tim Hortons, or iTunes!

Please join me next Wednesday!

20 comments:

Liz Mays said...

Handing over the pain is the only way.

Nessa said...

I like the direction you took.

RA said...

It's good that time came to heal. I loved reading your haiku. Have a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Haiku.

And I should get back into this. I dropped it when I did my Lenten Fast and never picked it back up....maybe next week...

ballast photography said...

I saw the title and was expecting a Father's Day reflection and found something much deeper. Nice to have something to think about.

Amanda Moore said...

Beautiful thoughts for this week and "handing over the pain" IS the only way to go!

gayle said...

I love this one!! Handing over the pain is hard!

Brian Miller said...

and that is where the healing begins...smiles.

Betty Manousos said...

Heading over the pain..not so easy, but yes, it's the only way.
Lovely haiku.
You 're awarded, Polly today, if you get a chance pls visit me. No award rules! LOL!
B xx

Jim said...

I like your first one, a special for those seeking God.
You second plea to the father is timeless. Healing time is anytime people will humble ask for it. :)
..

Tina said...

Handing over the pain is a good idea. After all, it will be in good hands :-)

Ria said...

That is sooo good!

Jenn@ You know... that blog? said...

Very nice, Polly!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Beautiful. I wish it was easier to hand over the pain. We know we have to do it, but it takes a long time for some of us.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Handing ANYthing over is sometimes hard to do...

Fathers

Jillien said...

This is beautiful!

Unknown said...

I need to start doing this again...

Helen McGinn said...

Great Haiku! How are ye lass, it's lovely catching up on the reading on your blog, I've been awol too long! xx

Bing Yap said...

sweet surrender =) that is truly the only way... what an inspiring haiku!

Unknown said...

truly inspiring...I love it!
hugs
shakira

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails