Monday, June 21, 2010

Monday Musings: June 14, 2010

Dear Summer,

Yeah, it's about time you made it official, seeing how you've been hanging around the past several weeks. Listen, I know that generally you are all about sunshine and heat but I give you permission to take a break every once in awhile. We won't mind...honest! In any case, welcome back!

Warmly yours,

One Hot 5th!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Bethany,

Congratulations on landing your summer babysitting job! It will keep you busy and out of trouble. Listen, can I borrow $20?

Your cash poor Mama 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Ikea,

I love you! Where else could I have gone and picked up 14 storage bins, 20 wooden hangers and a full lunch for 3 for under $50? Awesome! Next time I promise we'll spend more time together...Bethany is in the market for a new bookcase.

Gratefully yours,

A Penny Pinching 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Boss,

I may be getting a wee bit too old for 36 hours, 3 days in a row, 12 hour shifts. Although we were steady and not overwhelmingly too busy, I'm unsure if my joints can handle it much longer! Let's suffice it to say that now that I am no longer a "home schooling mom" I have a bit more flexibility with the schedule.

A weary 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Right Knee,

What gives? I've never had an issue with you before. At 48 (nearly 49) you are way too young to begin giving me trouble. Now stop it. I mean it!

A hobbled 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Ben Gay,

Although you sure can be a smelly and greasy mess may I just say THANK YOU! You helped me forget about the trouble Mr. RK was causing. I hope you don't mind if I hold you hostage for a while longer. I'll release you to the comfy confines of your drawer as soon as RK starts behaving.

A stinky 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Monday,

It felt good to sleep in until 6:30 am. I was hoping to stay in bed a wee bit longer but 6:30 is better than 4:30 any day. Could you tell your buddy Tuesday to not disturb me until maybe after 7:00? Thanks. I appreciate it.

A weary 5th

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wishing you all a great week this 1st day of Summer!

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope your knee feels better, soon! We're "weary" over here at our house, too, but maybe for a different reason...yeah, I'm a bit old to be staying up until 1:00 a.m. for concerts...especially with kiddos. LOL

Have a great Monday.

Liz Mays said...

I can't believe it's the first day of summer! Where did spring go? Sorry about your knee, and it's so true that things start breaking and busting up in these old bods right about now. Not a fan!

Claudia said...

Oh I wish we had summer in Germany - we have all rain and clouds and cold wind. So yes - Summer - take a break and come over to Germany... ;=)

Brian Miller said...

ha. hope you get to sleep in a bit tomorrow. dont you just love the tricks our knees play...the weather gets mine everytime b/c of that whole crushing episode in my teens...ikea rocks! hapy monday!

Tina said...

We'd make an interesting pair today, because all of a sudden my left knee decided to give me some excruciating pain. No idea why. I hadn't thought of Ben Gay, but perhaps I should. And I so am with you on the Ikea thing. LOVE love love that store. Wish there was one here in CO.

Kathleen said...

Boy, did summer ever show up! I wouldn't mind a little break either--maybe a thunderstorm or at least a cloud to cover the sun for 15 minutes??

I am really going to have to check out IKEA. I went once and we got 2 bookcases and a kitchen cabinet thing, but I wasn't feeling well, so I guess I didn't properly take it all in. Will have to revisit...

Anonymous said...

maybe we should write and ask summer to stay forever....luv it ;)

Weezer said...

I love your Monday thingeys.
How did I survive the past couple of weeks without having you to jump-start my week.
I've missed your posts....my fault, not yours.
Sorry about the knee. My knees are okay (so far) but it's some of the other joints that plague me.
Stay cool, dear friend.

Tracy said...

I agree - summer can take a vacation is it needs to!

And, Mr. Gay is my friend, my very, very, very close friend!

lifelaughlatte said...

Video works now. Forgot to make it public on Youtube. Thanks for coming by today. California has taken a break from Summer weather for a few years now. So weird. May was coldish (60's). We had 2 90degree days in June and then back to 70's. Seems like we get one hot week a summer and that is all. Everyone is so happy when it hits 80. Swimming at anything less than 85 outside just is too cold in my view. Of course we are headed to the East Coast in a week. That should fry our brain cells. Did I mention that most people in CA don't have airconditioning? Yeah...so that one hot week a year is REALLY HOT with no escaping it. Holly:)

Deidra said...

Happy first day of summer! We've got rain here. Way more than we can handle. And for me, it's the left knee. What's up with that?!?!?

Nessa said...

These are always fun to read.

Raoulysgirl said...

It's summer!!! Happy summer!!! The heat is kind of driving us indoors around here, though...so BOOO!!

I don't know this "Ben Gay" that you speak of. I have heard of him...through his cousin "Icy Hot." Icy hangs out at my house...we're close friends...and I'm only 30!!!

drollgirl said...

hey summer! please act like SPRING, as who needs sweaty, hot, sticky weather!

Ed Pilolla said...

very entertaining and original. it's my left knee i ought to write a letter to. great touch with a few words to ben gay:) thanks for the kind words at deidra's. nice to meecha!

ballast photography said...

Would you believe I've never been to IKEA? I hear so much about it. I've got to go sometime.

I'm over this heat, too :)

Happy Summer Solstice, Polly!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Some days, IKEA is the happiest place on earth! Sounds like you scored.

Sorry about the core knee-- I know what it's like. Hang in there.

jj

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Oh I have started taking all kind of supplements for my weary body..I don't think I can't beat Mother Nature..

kisatrtle said...

your letters made me chuckle. Thanks for the laugh.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails