Saturday, November 14, 2009

Weekend Rerun/Sacred Sunday All in One!

I am busy this weekend with all sorts of bustling activities from Daughter's Confirmation, entertaining out of town guests and gearing up for a Carolina Panther game. Please enjoy this post, originally submitted on January 3, 2009

My work gives me the opportunity to be there, for my patients, from their moment of birth, to their dying breath and all points in between. When there is a particular struggle, this is my go to prayer (optional prayer from the Divine Mercy Chaplet):


Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion — inexhaustible,

look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us,

that in difficult moments we might not despair

nor become despondent,

but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will,

which is Love and Mercy itself.


What a powerful prayer. Jesus said to St. Faustina, a young Polish nun whose visions led to the Divine Mercy devotion: "....When they say this Chaplet in the presence of the dying, I will stand between My Father and the dying person not as the just judge but as the Merciful Savior".

6 comments:

Melissa B. said...

I believe both in the Power of Prayer and in the Power of Pie. Please see my Thursday Writer's Workshop post for more clarification. SITS sent me by, and I'm glad they did!

Three's a Charm, Correctamundo?

Kim @ Cheap Chic Home said...

This is a nice prayer. I was thinking about how faithful God is already this a.m.

Happy Saturday sharefest! Kudos to home schooling. I did that last year with 2 of my kids. It is a big commitment.

Savvy-Motherhood said...

cool beans. :) I really enjoy learning about these saints. Thanks for starting this blog. :)

Jephy's Mom said...

I like all your little gems. First the "Simple Gifts" song and now this prayer. Keep them coming.

ballast photography said...

I hope Bethany had an amazing day! I remembered to pray for you all :)

(and I AM sorry you didn't win the giveaway, Polly :()

Raoulysgirl said...

What a beautiful prayer!

I hope Bethany's day was joyous and uplifting!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails