Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Musings-November 9



Dear Carolina Panthers,


I feel very fortunate that I was so extremely busy at work, yesterday, that I was unable to see you all blow the lead you had accumulated in the 1st half. Mr. Sister tells me that, all in all, it was a pretty good game with the exception of the last fumble in the 4th quarter. 


I beg of you to please play some awesome football next week. I am actually off work and plan on attending the game. I pray it's a better experience than the last game I attended. 


That is all.


Mrs. Sister


****************************************


Yes, I know Halloween is over. Unfortunately, this is how I look to all the patients I have worked with the past several weeks. I know, pretty scary, huh. 





****************************************


Free Flowing Bloggy Love Continues!


 

Received from Who Has the Thyme 11/8/09



Received from Tattoos and Teething Rings 11/8/09

This just in. The 5th Sister, nearing her 1 year blogging anniversary, has received 2 additional awards to add to her collection. "I didn't see this one coming! I am extremely humbled and honored", Mrs. Sister was heard to say. "Tats and Raouly's Girl are wonderful and loyal cyber-friends. It's so very fortunate that, despite our vast differences, we have become really quite close. My hope is to someday meet these lovely ladies in person."


Mrs. Sister then went on to state, "I did a spit take when I received the Badass Blogger Award. Considering the mood and state of mind I was in yesterday, this was so totally appropriate. And the Lovely Blog Award was the icing on the cake to the free flowing bloggy love going around these past several weeks."


Mrs. Sister, in abiding by the rules of these prestigious awards, has gladly forwarded these awards on to the following nominees:   Stir Fry Awesomeness and A Dash of Life. In doing so she states, "Kys is one of my newest bloggy buddies. She truly fits the role of Badass Blogger! I also want to recognize my bestest Greek friend, Gracey. Her blog is truly lovely and deserving of this award. I do hope my blog friends and followers will take it upon themselves to check these ladies out. Well worth the time"


20 comments:

Summer said...

I just laughed out loud at that picture!!! =)

Visiting from Sits!!!

Lee said...

Congrats on your awards and I think you are pretty scary without that mask!

Willoughby said...

Congrats on your awards!

Not everyone looks good in a mask, but somehow you manage to rock it! If the H1N1 panic gets any worse, we may all be wearing them!

Anonymous said...

What a pic! Not too many donning those in public around here yet, but I have seen a few!

Have a great Monday!

Lissaloo said...

lol, love the picture! I almost bought a netti (?) pot last week, I even picked it up off the shelf but then I convinced myself I was feeling better. I am still trying to talk myself into it lol. Congrats on the awards! :)

L.B. said...

Since my dad was admitted to the hospital, we've all had to wear masks in his room while they await certain test results. It's likely nothing but we have to wear them, and I don't really care for them. My mom's been there almost the whole time (since Wednesday) so she's pretty much worn those masks nonstop since then.

But yes, the respiratory techs have come in and given my dad his treatments with masks on.

Betty Manousos said...

What a pic!
A good reminder.
Have a great time!

Tracie said...

You're funny! Congrats on your awards and thanks for passing that awesome one to me! I love it!

mommakin said...

Congrats on your well deserved awards!

Anonymous said...

i certainly hope the panthers play better for you this wkend...they can be kind of painful to watch sometimes.

congrats on your awards!

Joanna Jenkins said...

Congrats on the awards!

The "mask" photo cracked me up! That must be hard to deal with all day long.

I heard on the news yesterday that St. John's, which owns 14 hospitals, spends $400,000 per MONTH on the "fancy" masks! They go through 219,000 monthly. Oy!

Hope you don't need to wear the masks for much longer.

xo

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

Congrats again!

And I think you look cute in the mask- I notice that your hair is still done nicely and your eyes are smiling :)

Deidra said...

Regarding the Panthers: I feel your pain. I route for the Titans and Lions, but I live in a Philadelphia Eagles household. The Eagles always get my hopes up and then, at the last minute, they realize I am on the edge of my seat, holding my breath and choking on the popcorn I've just stuffed in my mouth. Not wanting me to have a reason to celebrate (I guess they know about my other two favorite teams) they themselves decide to choke and give the W to their opponent. Gotta love the NFL!

Weezer said...

I follow football and thought of you when I saw the results of the Panther game....personally, I'm a Seahawk, Cowboy, and Broncos fan. Nothing personal.
Congratulations on the awards! They are truly deserved. I love visiting here. And that picture! Oh, yeah. I remember those days. How do you keep your glasses from fogging up? Stay well, dear friend. And thanks for all your comments.

ballast photography said...

I really hope you get to see some good football (football, right? The Panthers do play football, don't they?? My sports IQ plummets after the Yankees back up the ball park for the winter...)Anyway, I hope you get to see a riveting game? match? of whatever they play.

Congrats on more awards! I love your newspaper-esque acceptance--good work!

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

That's a great pic! And congrats on your award. I also like to come here to see who you will bestow your awards upon. It's easier than me going out and finding new blogs on my own.

Holly Lefevre said...

Congrats on your awards. Are we having a party for your blogiversary? Love the photo of you in the mask. Sorry about the Carolina Panthers (that's football, right?)

Holly

Life Laugh Latte said...

Hey...sending some shout outs (silly though they may be) your way from our vlog tomorrow. Congrats on the awards, and yes it freaks me out! Holly at LLL

the domestic mama said...

YAY! congrats on the award AND all of your comments! How awesome! And, the mask is HOT. LOL! :)

Jimmie said...

Congrats on the awards, they are well deserved!

Sorry about your panthers, hopefully the will come through next week! If it makes you feel any better my 49ers have lost their last four.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails