Friday, November 20, 2009

Friday Catch Up

Dear Carolina Panthers,


I'm really glad we sold our tickets to last night's game. I'm also really glad that, since I have to work today, I decided to go to bed early. The last thing I saw was Jake Delhomme being sacked before John Kasay's field goal for the 1st score of the game. Mr. Sister informs me that there were at least 3 sacks before he went to bed. Yoo hoo. . . Defensive line? Where are you? How can you expect your quarterback to perform when you can't provide him with the protection he deserves?


I'd like to comment on more aspects of the game, I really would. But it's early and I must be off to work. Besides, I don't think you'd like what I'd have to say.


Your disgruntled fan,


Mrs. Sister


****************************************


A Challenge Has Been Issued


Attention all followers of The 5th Sister. 
You have been challenged!
Jenn from You Know...That Blog? was extremely impressed with all of your haiku responses to my Silly Haiku Wednesday post this past week. She's wondering why you aren't participating! So your challenge is to go to You Know...That Blog? next Wednesday and link your best haiku response for this coming week's them: Parent (s) or (ing). Got it? Good! (You all had great haiku replies, by the way! I know you can do this!)


****************************************


I wanted to thank you all to your loving and touching replies to my I Think Different post yesterday. As Mr. Sister put it, "It was like a blog within a blog!" And that made my day. To have written a post that touched others in a way where they were compelled to respond. Thank you!


****************************************


I must head into work this morning at 0Dark: 30. I will not have access to my blog, or others for that matter, for the next 36 out of 72 hours. If I do not respond it's because of work constraints and the need to sleep between shifts. Please understand. I will try to catch up some when I return home but there are no guarantees. I have posts scheduled to run this weekend but rest assured I'll be back, up and at'em, bright and early Monday morning. 


****************************************


Have a great and happy weekend! 

10 comments:

Willoughby said...

You've got enough "irons in the fire", don't even worry about commenting on other blogs!

I hope work isn't too hectic for you (although I know it likely will be)!

Lee said...

Hope it's a good work weekend!

Lissaloo said...

I hope you get some rest soon that's a lot of work hours

Raoulysgirl said...

Take care of you and we'll see ya Monday!!!

Anonymous said...

we watched like, 20 minutes of the game. we aren't even panthers fans (we prefer the always sucky Redskins) but figure since we live here we should at least watch a bit. after a few sacks i put on the season finale of project runway...

have a great wkend!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I wish you a calm weekend at work.

I will try my best with the Haiku next week.

ballast photography said...

No sweat, Polly! Focus on your work, and we'll look forward to seeing you when you return. Sorry about your panthers. they sound a lot like my'05 Yankees :(

Liz Mays said...

I hope you get all the rest you need this weekend!

LarryG said...

so what are you wearing to retro day at your school? :)

Life Laugh Latte said...

Good call! I slept terrible since my second child has now come down with a fever. Even the dog weighed in with a 2am need to go outside and poop (oh and a lick of the fresh contents...if you wondered what happend next). Holly

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails