Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday Evening Reality Check

Many of the followers of my blog are fellow foodies. Because of this, I feel the need for the dinners that I showcase be of particular merit. You know, interesting ingredients, something a bit out of the ordinary or a new way of prepping a familiar classic. However, I am a busy mom and sometimes shortcuts are necessary. Hence today's dinner:


Now admit it...you all do the same thing! And I know...what happened to the green veggie I always expound upon? In the words of The Pioneer Woman: "Just keeping it real."

7 comments:

Pelican Joe said...

Hmmm... I would say much better than your usual dinner, but we have no doghouse and I don't want to spend too much time sleeping on the porch.

L.B. said...

I need to mix in a couple of shortcuts myself. Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to re-invent the wheel every night. I have a few go-to shortcuts but not as many as I should.

Unknown said...

Despite no doghouse I will make the appropriate accomodations for Mr. Sister aka Pelican Joe. LB...another standy is "tortilla pizza" the kids and hubby can choose their own toppings. Life couldn't be easier than that!

Raoulysgirl said...

I made mac & cheese from box tonigh...same brand...spirals! Of course, there were no hot dogs...it was pork medallions...but, still...

Tattoos and Teething Rings said...

*Sigh* I do shortcuts, but with the Mr.'s diet restrictions, they tend to be bagged salads with (reheated) frozen grilled chicken. Thanks for keepin' it real, you should have no shame in your game :)

Lissaloo said...

Sometime you gotta have the Kraft :) We love mac'n cheese with H. dogs :)

thamesarino said...

I just noticed that this was from a year ago... but
last night we had hotdogs wrapped in pillsbury cresent rolls, with tater tots...AND a bag of frozen peas...(so that I didn't have to feel as guilty about it!) : )
sometimes you just have to give to a long hard day! : )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails