Friday, March 6, 2009

Naming "Writes"

It's March and you know what that means?
No, no, no...Not March Madness.
Come on people, THINK!
Here's a hint: There's an official weigh-in prior to the event.
No, no, no...Not the Biggest Loser.
Gee, people. That's an interesting show but non applicable.
Here's another hint for you: The BIG RACE is tomorrow.
NASCAR? You've got to be kidding me!
No, no, no...not NASCAR, you silly people.

We're not getting anywhere so I guess I better go ahead and tell you. The Sister household is excited and eagerly anticipating son's annual participation in (drum roll, please):

THE PINEWOOD DERBY!

For those that don't know, this is an annual Boy Scouting tradition.
The boys (and their dads and/or moms) design
and build a car from a block of pine wood.
The cars then race against each other in the Pinewood Derby.
It is quite a festive occassion and the boys have a great time.


This is my son's entry for this year:


Hopefully you can tell this is suppose to be a replica of a pencil. Which leads us to the reason for the title of this blog post. We are having difficulty coming up with an appropriate name. Daughter likes "Lead Blur". However, I am partial to either "Lead Foot" or "The Write Stuff". Son is lukewarm, at best, to these suggestions.

What I am asking from you, dear friends, are naming suggestions. Remember...names should reflect the theme.

Prize? Well, I hadn't thought about that. If we go with one of your suggestions I guess the winning entry could receive my utmost gratitude or possibly my sincere respect. Kudo's and a "hooray" could potentially be thrown in there, too, for good measure. Oh...I know. You would receive official honor and mention in a future blog post! Wow! Can't get better than that!

Alrighty then...put on your thinking caps please leave your suggestions in my comment box.

3 comments:

Willoughby said...

I love the racer! What a creative idea! I like the name "The Write Stuff", but if your son doesn't like it, I guess it doesn't matter. Ok, here's the best I can come up with off the top of my head: Sketch Me If You Can, The Graphite Fighter (or Graphiter), Leader (pronounced ledder) of the Pack, The Eraser Racer, and Writing Lightning. Good luck at the race!

L.B. said...

Cool wheels! My (lame) attempts (I'm actually not very creative when it comes to this, hence the lame part)...

* Knight Writer (or Night Writer)
* Speed 'raser
* Lightning McPencil

Unknown said...

Great names! Keep 'em coming!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails